MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Friday, September 25, 2009

Did I Really Do That?

Hello, Its been a while since my last entry. I don't even know which of my messes to begin with! Ahhh, I'll go with the one I am most embarrassed about! Listening to a wolf in sheep clothing!
A guy I know from a mutual place was telling me some pretty nice things & made declarations about how he would treat me if I'd give him a chance. Everytime he saw me, he poured it on! I told him that I am not dating right now & that being friends was all I was interested in, but those nice things lingered in my mind for a few days & I was curious to see what type of guy he really was. Instead of me asking God to reveal his true colors, I did a little investigating on my own! Opperative phrase being "on my own"! Huge mistake! The Bible says HE THAT FINDS A WIFE FINDS A GOOD THING! Not SHE that gets curious & puts herself in a guys path on purpose...!!! lol
One day, the guy bought lunch for my friend & me, which was nice, but "ain't nothing free"! Even a cup of coffee will cost you "something"  these days, it seems! That's a shame! Buying/Receiving something from someone DOES NOT make you obligated to sleep with them!
After a few conversations, I knew it was going to be a problem, because the majority of the conversations disturbed my peace! (red flag)
I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt until they show me otherwise & boy did he show me otherwise! We met for lunch, I parked my car & rode with him the rest of the way (silly me). He did not go straight to the restaurant! I said, "Oh Lord, here we go!" I knew as soon as I got dropped off to my car safely, that I never wanted to interact with him ever again! Looking back on it, I knew those red flags were there all along! Sure, I felt stupid for a minute, but my turn around time is much faster now! I am not where I should be, but I thank God I am not like I used to be! While in that situation, God showed me my growth & my level of maturity rising! Thank You Lord!
Well, I asked God's forgiveness for stepping ahead of Him & asked him how to exit that situation permanently & God in His compassion showed me right away! I exited that situation GRACEFULLY!  I also asked God to increase my spirit of discernment so I won't keep making foolish choices with foolish people!
God is so faithful! He is my Keeper, my Protector & my Lord!

When we take a stand & respect ourselves, it commands others to respect us! It is NEVER ok for someone to manipulate or take advantage of or verbally, mentally or physically abuse you! God always makes a way of escape, all we have to do is TAKE IT!
It is so important to guard our mind as well as our heart like the Bible says! Watch what you allow into your ear gates & eye gates! I've found that it WILL produce fruit whether ripe or rotten! We don't always know how to right our wrongs, but GOD DOES! 
The Bible says if we lack wisdom, we can ask God for it & He will give it to us liberally! Lets ask Him! NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS THAN GOD'S BEST FOR YOUR LIFE!
Once again, God allowed me to experience something that I chose to do & I made a mess of it, but He created a message out of it!  I just want to be an obedient yielded vessel, transparent, never trying to save face so that others can seek Your face Lord!! Thank You Lord, be Glorified in my life!

Be Careful & Be Prayerful my friends!

SALVATION... Please Don't Leave Earth Without It!

No comments:

Post a Comment